Lexington County, SC (WLTX) - Almost two years after the flood, Lexington County is drafting a flood-plain management plan with money they got from the federal disaster relief agency.

It's a $36,000 program that 75% of is being paid for by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) and the other 25% by the County. Lexington County in enrolled in a voluntary program that mediates the future flood hazard possibilities in the county and this is one thing they qualified for as a part of that.

The County hired Amec Foster Wheeler to help draft the plan and they're looking for people's input.

Lexington County spokesperson Harrison Cahill says these are some of the question people will be asked: "Do you have flooding? Have you seen flooding in your area before, and what are some of the ways or ideas you think that hazard can be mitigated?"

Cahill says this plan can save residents money on their insurance. "Right now flood insurance owners get a 10% discount due to the program the county is involved in with FEMA, with this plan we could see that go up to 15%," he explains.

There will be community meeting on July 24th for Pine Glen, Coldstream and other community leaders.

In mid-August a public meeting will be held to look over the draft but a time or location have not been set yet.

Click here for the survey.

Click here for the plan draft.