(WLTX) -- Several residents evacuated their homes out of precaution after a gas leak Friday morning, according to the Columbia Fire Department.
A spokesperson for the department says a four-inch gas line ruptured and caused for 10 to 12 homes to be evacuated in the 900 block of Denny Road, just off of Monticello Road. The residents went to a nearby safe zone and there are no reported injuries.
Officials say they were dispatched to the area just before 11 a.m. and Richland County deputies were assisting with traffic and the evacuation.
We are told that the fire department cleared the scene just before 1:30 p.m. as workers from SCE&G are on scene.