(WLTX)- July is National Grilling Month and a staple of the grill are hamburgers. Chef Brandon Velie shows News 19's Deon Guillory how to have a restaurant burger at home.
Black Bean Burger Recipe:
- (1) 16 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt & Pepper to taste
To make the Burger:
- Place rinsed and drained black beans in a bowl. If needed, blot them with a paper towel to remove any extra moisture. Place in a large bowl and mash well with a fork.
- Place the onion and garlic in the bowl with the black beans. Add the chili powder, cumin cayenne and salt and pepper and stir to combine. Add beaten egg and mix. Stir in bread crumbs. Form mixture into 4 patties.
- Grill the burgers on a well oiled grill for about 4-5 minutes on each side.