With a hint of cinnamon and sugar on the outside, and a creamy filling on the inside, our mini French Toast Rollups are the perfect make-ahead, portable breakfast!
French Toast Rollups
Yields: 24 rollups
Chilling Time: 2 hr
Cooking Time: 10 min
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
1 cup sugar, divided
24 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, egg yolk, and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth; set aside.
2. Roll out each bread slice with a rolling pin. Spread cheese mixture over bread, distributing evenly. Roll up each slice jellyroll-style and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
3. In a shallow dish, combine remaining 3/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Brush butter over rollups then roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, until completely coated. Repeat with remaining rollups, placing them on the baking sheet after coating.
4. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours.
5. Just before serving, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake rollups 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden.
We've got some other easy and tasty breakfast recipes for you to try: Breakfast Burrito Panini and Layered Amish Breakfast Bake are two great options, but there are many other great choices on our website.
Rollups will keep in the freezer up to two months prior to baking.
If you liked this recipe, don't forget to check out our Top 10 Simple French Toast Recipes!