Apricot Crumb Bars
Cooking Time: 25 min
What You'll Need:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened and cut into small chunks
1 cup apricot preserves
2 tablespoon light brown sugar
1/4 cup pinenuts or chopped walnuts
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a food processor, combine flour, cornmeal, and granulated sugar. Pulse several times to combine. Add butter, then pulse until ingredients form a wet, sandy mixture, about 15 seconds. Reserve 1/4 of mixture.
3. Place remaining flour mixture into an 8-inch square pan and press down evenly into bottom. Spread apricot preserves evenly over top.
4. Mix the brown sugar into the reserved flour mixture, then crumble it evenly over apricot preserves. Sprinkle pinenuts over top.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until edges just begin to brown. Let cool then cut into squares.
Like bar cookies as much as we do? Try our Caramel Apple Bars for an extra special treat!