Never made your own pickles? What are you waiting for?! With the help of the microwave, we can make pickles way faster than our grandmas ever could, and now we can have them homemade whenever we want!
Chilling Time: 2 hr
What You'll Need:
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- In a microwaveable 2-quart bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Microwave uncovered at 80% power 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Allow pickles to cool.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.