What You'll Need:
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup coarsely chopped chocolate chips
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups mashed, ripe bananas (4 to 5 bananas)
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a paper towel, lightly coat Bundt pan with coconut oil.
2. In a medium bowl, combine walnuts, chocolate chips, brown sugar, and cinnamon; mix well and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine buttermilk, coconut oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla; using a whisk, mix until well blended. Stir in bananas; mix well. Whisk remaining ingredients into banana mixture until well combined.
4. Spoon 1/3 of the cake batter into Bundt pan and sprinkle with half the walnut mixture. Spoon another 1/3 of the cake batter into pan, and sprinkle with remaining walnut mixture. Cover with remaining cake batter.
5. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes, then invert onto serving platter; cool completely then top with Chocolate Glaze (see Note).
In a microwaveable bowl, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted. Stir in 1 tablespoon coconut oil then allow glaze to cool and thicken slightly. Pour over top of cooled cake, allowing glaze to drip down sides. Allow to set before serving.
To melt the coconut oil, place it in a measuring cup and microwave it in 15 second intervals until it's pourable.