Columbia, SC (WLTX) - Want to go to the Capital One Bowl in style? The Carolina Alumni Association is offering travel packages for the Gamecocks' big game.
The group says fans can now reserve a package to see the team play January 2 against Nebraska.
The packages do not include game tickets, and are available exclusively through Gamecock Sports Travel on their website, www.GamecockSportsTravel.com.
The Alumni Association says there are two available travel/hospitality packages, which include:
- two nights of accommodations at the Renaissance Sea World (official team hotel) or the Rosen Plaza;
- welcome refreshments upon arrival at the hotel;
- South Carolina hospitality desk;
- admission to the official South Carolina pre-game event;
- roundtrip game day transfers to include parking;
- roundtrip transfers to the official pep-rally;
- official bowl souvenir;
- souvenir name badge, credential and lanyard;
- full escort by premiere global sports staff;
- all taxes and gratuities.
To learn more about official bowl travel packages with the Carolina Alumni Association, visit the Gamecocks Sports Travel's website or call 877-352-1982.
Tickets to the game are still available and for non-Gamecock Club members, can be found on Capital One Bowl's website. For Gamecock Club members, you have until Tuesday at 5 p.m. to reserve your tickets for $87 each.
Getting there is obviously going to cost you as well, and flying is probably not a good option. The least expensive flights from our area to Orlando are going to be flying out of Charlotte, with a round-trip ticket for one is going to be at least $315. From Columbia, it's at least $542.
Driving is a lot cheaper if you can spare the six hours one-way for the trip. The average gas price in columbia right now is $3.03 a gallon. If you figure in a car that gets 25 miles per gallon, it's only going to cost you 53 bucks to get there.