Charleston, SC (WLTX) - A patient has died from a flesh eating bacteria in the Lowcountry.
The victim has been identified as 55 year old Anthony Hills of Charleston. He died Saturday at the Medical University of Charleston.
Officials say the bacteria started in Hills's right arm and right leg. Family members say that he was taken to the hospital after he had a swollen arm and complained of not feeling well. He died hours after being admitted.
Before his death, Hills's right arm was amputated in an attempt to save his body.