Columbia, SC (WLTX) -- The popularity of the Saturday gathering of local arts, crafts, and foods called The All Local Farmer's Market at 701 Whaley Street has been steadily growing over the last three years.
The organizers of the All Local Farmer's Market have elected to relocate, and rename, now calling the gathering Soda City, and moving onto Main Street in Downtown Columbia.
Starting this Saturday, and gathering weekly rain or shine, the new Soda City will be located:
Where: On the 1500 block of Main Street downtown
When: Saturdays, from 8am to Noon.
Every week dozens of local vendors will be there featuring:
• Farmers (South Carolina Farmers always have priority over out-of-state produce, flowers, and meat)
• Resellers (radically out of season produce and things that never grow here like oranges)
• Artists (local people who make cool art)
• Artisans (local people who make cool stuff you can use)
• Local Retailers (local retailers are welcome to apply - from skateboards to jewelry or clothing or kitchen supplies, etc.)
• Lawn and Garden (tools, plants, firewood, bird supplies, yard decor or furnishings)
• Collectors (bottles, books, antiques, collectibles)
• Ethnic Food and Grocery (Columbia has an incredible collection of international citizens - we want you, your food, and your things here at the market!)
• Food and Drink (hot food, food to take home, coffees, teas, cold drinks,etc.)
• Baked Goods
Soda City is open to adding new vendors to their lineup, they request that you complete a short online application on their website