COLUMBIA-- Joel Reynolds from USC stopped by the studio with an easy holiday recipe perfect for entertaining or to give as a gift.
Seven Layer Bars
Yield: 30 pieces
½ cup Butter
½ cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup Butterscotch Chips
1 cup Walnuts, Chopped
1 (14 oz can) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/3 cups Coconut, Shredded
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place butter in 13 x 9 inch pan and melt in oven.
3. Spread crumbs evenly over bottom of pan.
4. Layer chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and nuts over crumbs.
5. Pour condensed milk over nuts. Sprinkle coconut over condensed milk.
6. Bake until edges are golden brown, about 25 minutes.
7. Let cool.