Boston Bombing: Suspect remains in Serious Condition

10:10 AM, Apr 21, 2013   |    comments
Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

BOSTON (AP) - The U.S. attorney's office in Boston says the lone surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing remains in serious condition at a hospital under heavy guard.

Boston's police commissioner says authorities have not been able to interrogate Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. There's no word on when the 19-year-old might be charged and what those charges would be. The twin bombings killed three people and wounded more than 180.

Police Commissioner, Edward Davis, also tells CBS' "Face the Nation" that the crime scene from the early Friday firefight in Watertown, Mass., was "littered" with unexploded improvised explosive devices.

Davis says it's his belief that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and his older brother Tamerlan, 26, "were going to attack other individuals" - and Davis says that's based on the evidence at the scene and the firepower that the brothers had. He calls the case "as dangerous as it gets in urban policing."

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was taken to the hospital Friday night after being pulled from a boat in a Watertown backyard. Tamerlan Tsarnaev died earlier in a gun battle with police.

 

 

Most Watched Videos