Columbia, SC (WLTX) -- The Columbia Fire Department responded to a call for a fire in a home on Maple Street in Columbia Tuesday.
CFD arrived at 1408 Maple Street just after 1 p.m. Tuesday to find heavy fire and smoke coming from the home.
Officials said they believe the fire started in the front of the home on the right side.
No one was home at the time of the fire.
Neighbor Zach Brown called 911, and grabbed the owners dogs from the backyard. He saw the entire scene unfold.
"We were shocked, we were trying to make sure our house didn't catch on fire," Brown said. "The tree next to our house caught on fire."
The fire is still under investigation by the Columbia Fire Department.