Richland Co., SC (WLTX) - Columbia Fire officials say a cabin fire near Chapin is now under control.
The fire sparked at approximately 7:00am Tuesday at a home on Jake Eargle Road.
According to Columbia Fire's public information officer Brick Lewis, the blaze sparked due to a wood burning fire then spread through the home. Lewis says there were two people inside the home at the time the fire sparked. The two occupants have been displaced from the home.
"Thankfully the homeowners were alerted to the fire by a working smoke detector," said Chief Aubrey Jenkins.
Jenkins encourages everyone to check their smoke detectors this time of year.
Lewis says the estimated damage is $130,000.
No injuries have been reported.