LIVE VIDEO: News 19    Watch

Fire Breaks Out in Brennan Elementary Bathroom

5:49 PM, Jan 13, 2014   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Columbia, SC (WLTX) - Richland District One officials say a fire in a Brennan Elementary restroom caused problems for some after-school activities Monday.

The fire took place around the time that classes were dismissing.

Most students were outside at the time of the fire. Those inside the building were evacuated.

City of Columbia fire officials say the blaze may have been caused by a mechanical malfunction in the exhaust fan in the restroom.

The school notified parents in their after-school program to pick up their children.  

Most Watched Videos