Lexington County (WLTX) – Lexington County deputies have arrested 22 people in an undercover drug investigation near Gaston.
The Lexington County NET team arrested 3 women, including a 74-year-old woman, and one man on charges that the sold crack cocaine from two homes on Busbee Road and Glenn Road near Gaston. Officers also arrested 18 people who tried to buy crack cocaine at the two homes.
Around 1:00 p.m. on Friday, NET officers arrested 30-year-old Alfred Geiger, of Gaston, on charges of distributing crack cocaine and possessing cocaine with the intent to distribute. Officers also arrested 74-year-old Mary Geiger, of Lexington, with two counts of conspiring to distribute crack cocaine. Toby Denise Geiger, 31, was also arrested and charged with possession of cocaine and marijuana. 52-year-old Annie Scipio was charged with four counts of conspiring to distribute crack cocaine and two counts of distributing crack cocaine.
The Geigers and Scipio are all being held at the Lexington County Jail, awaiting bond hearings. Their arrests come after a month long undercover drug investigation by the NET team.
After officers arrested the Geigers and Scipio, NET officers along with officers from Aiken and Fairfield County Sheriff’s Department and Columbia Police Department conducted an undercover sting operation at the home of Mary Geiger, Toby Geiger, and Annie Scipio. The sting operation resulted in an additional 18 arrests, including one person who drove up to the home in a garbage truck that is owned by his employer.
Sheriff James Metts says that the following people were arrested in the sting operation and are being held at the Lexington County Jail, awaiting bond hearings:
· Timothy Bamburg, 38, of North
· Jeffrey Blanton, 43, of Cayce
· Wayne Gamble, 47, of Columbia
· James Hamelinck, II , 39, of Lexington
· Joel Hammond, 43, of West Columbia
· Jackie Hankinson, 55, of Gaston
· Pete Hartley, 64, of Gaston
· James Herlong, 37, of Swansea
· William Higginbotham, 45, Gaston
· Michael Lee, 26, West Columbia
· Denny McIver, 26, of Gaston
· Randy McNew, 25, of Swansea
· James Pratt, 30
· Charles Purdie, 48, of Gaston
· Donald Russell, 35, of Lexington
· Ted Russell, 39, of Orangeburg
· Russell Sightler, Jr., 33, of Gaston
· Fernando Tomboc, 51, of Gaston
Each were charged with attempting to possess crack cocaine.
Citizens who wants to anonymously report illegal drug activity can call CrimerStoppers at 1-888-559-TIPS.