COLLEGE PARK, Ga. (AP) -- Cooking with gas -- and a loaded gun -- is a recipe for disaster.
Antoine Boutte of College Park was storing his .40 caliber Smith & Wesson in the bottom of his gas stove. It was there when he and friend Christopher Henderson decided to make a late-night snack.
Authorities say Boutte cooked some food on the stove at his home at around 3:30 a.m. Saturday. As the oven heated up, the weapon's magazine started to melt in the gun well -- causing the spring and bullets to come out.
The bullets started going off like popcorn. Police say Henderson opened the stove and was hit in the stomach by part of a bullet casing.
He was treated for his injuries, which police say were non-threatening.