Richland County, SC (WLTX) - Richland County deputies have arrested four people in connection with 12 burglaries and vandalisms in the area.
Officers took into custody 20-year-old Michael Vladimir Anderson, 18-year-old Elizabeth Grace Tyner, 19-year-old Zachary A.L. Gause, and 19-year-old Alec William Nevergoll.
Sheriff Leon Lott says citizens tips led to the arrests.
Anderson is charged with three counts of burglary, two counts of petit larceny and grand larceny; Tyner is charged with obtaining goods under false pretenses; Gause is charged with burglary and petit larceny; Nevergoll is charged with burglary and petit larceny.
The group is accused of hitting a variety of targets, including a construction company, churches, a restaurant, and hair studio. The suspects caused damage to some places and took items from others, including guns, deputies say.
The following is a breakdown, provided by the sheriff department, of exactly what the group is accused of doing.
• Between 7:00 PM Thursday, June 28, 2012 and 6:35 AM Friday, June 29, 2012 at 2341 Dutch Fork Road, (Richardson Construction) Irmo, South Carolina -- Sheriff Leon Lott stated that the three businesses housed in this one complex were vandalized by the suspects. Sheriff Lott stated that several windows were broken in order for them to gain entry. The suspects stole a set of Nike golf clubs, a hammer drill, four silver serving trays, three hedge clippers, a pole trimmer, blower, and a Craftsman Power Kit. Total estimated value and damages at $2570.00.
• Between 9:00 PM Wednesday, June 27, 2012 and 7:00 AM Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 1409 Peace Haven Road (White Rock Baptist Church, Chapin) - the suspects threw a rock through the victim's window causing $500.00 in damages.
• Between 10:00 PM Saturday, June 23, 2012 and 7:00 AM Sunday, June 24, 2012 at 10400 Broad River Road, Columbia, South Carolina (DL McLaughlin's) - the suspects broke the front window of the restaurant using a cement flower pot which was also damaged as a result. Estimated total damage $550.00.
• Between 5:00 PM Saturday, June 23, 2012 and 7:30 PM Sunday, June 24, 2012 at 7449 Broad River Road, Irmo, South Carolina (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) - the suspects used a brick to gain entry through a sliding glass door of the church. Once inside, suspects broke into 5 locked doors causing damage to the door frames, and ransacking each room. Estimated damage valued at $750.00
• On Saturday, June 23, 2012 just before midnight at 1791 Dutch Fork Road, Irmo South Carolina (Botanica Nursery) the suspects made entry through a hole they made in the door. The victim stated that two red five gallon gas cans were stolen and his office door window was broken. Estimated value and damage $330.00.
• On Friday, June 22, 2012 between 2:00 AM and 5:00 AM at 2371 Dutch Fork Road, Irmo South Carolina (El Pablano Restaurant) the suspects made entry through the back door -- the victim stated a jar containing $20.00 was stolen.
• On Friday, June 22, 2012 between 3:00 AM and 4:00 AM at 2361 Dutch Fork Road, Irmo South Carolina (Specialty Mobility) - the suspects gained entry by breaking through the rear window of the business. The suspects rummaged through desk drawers and cubicles, also several cabinets and file cabinets were broken into. Estimated damage $400.00.
• Between 5:00 PM on Thursday, June 21, 2012 and 6:30 PM on Friday, June 22, 2012 at 1300 Peace Haven Road, Chapin South Carolina (Lake Murray Utility) - the suspects gained entry by breaking the front window. The suspects stole bottles of liquor, cups, and keys to cars parked at the business. Estimated value and damage $595.00
On Tuesday, June 12, 2012 between 6:00 AM and 8:00 AM at 2341 Dutch Fork Road, Irmo South Carolina (Richardson Contracting) - the suspects entered the business through the front door stealing the following five guns with a total estimated value of $2,725.00:
1. Model 700 Remington
2. 22 Caliber Remington Bolt Action
3. 16 Gauge Remington Shot Gun 1100
4. 16 Gauge Browning Shot Gun
5. 12 Gauge Mossberg Shot Gun
• Between 6:00 PM on Saturday, June 9, 2012 and 10:00 AM on Tuesday, June 12, 2012 at 2401 B Dutch Fork Road, Irmo, South Carolina (Debi and Company Hair Studio) - the victim stated that the lock on the back door had been damaged. It appears that the suspects attempted to gain entry to the business but were unsuccessful. Estimated damage $250.00.
• Between 6:00 PM on Wednesday, June 6, 2012 and 8:45 AM Thursday, June 7, 2012 at 2421 Dutch Fork Road, Chapin, South Carolina (Native Plants Garden Center) - suspects gained entry breaking out the office window. The suspects stole $10.00 in cash from a change box.
• Between 10:00 PM Saturday, May 12, 2012 and 8:00 AM Sunday, May 13, 2012 at 2421 Dutch Fork Road, Chapin, South Carolina ((Native Plants Garden Center) - the suspects gained entry by breaking through the window. Once inside, the suspects stole money that was left in the business.