A suspect enters the Family Dollar on Decker Boulevard on July 28, 2012. (Image: Richland County Sheriff's Dept.)
Richland County, SC (WLTX) - Richland County deputies say a suspect caught on camera robbing a Family Dollar is now connected to six other crimes in the area.
Thursday, we showed you video here on WLTX.com of the suspect robbing a Family Dollar on July 28. In that incident, in which the surveillance video has gone viral on the internet, the manager of the store can be seen hitting the suspect over the head as he tried to take the register. Previous Coverage: "I Just Started Wailing on His Head"
Friday, however, deputies announced that since that first incident, they believe he's hit half a dozen other stores, most recently two restaurants on Two Notch Road back on August 5th and 6th.
List of robberies:
• August 6, 2012 - Waffle House, 7505 Two Notch Road
• August 5, 2012 - Arby's , 8305 Two Notch
• August 4, 2012 - Zaxby's, 9840 Two Notch Road
• August 4, 2012 - Quick Cash, 1327 Broad River Road
• August 4, 2012 - Taco Bell, 2758 Decker Boulevard
• August 3, 2012 - Burger King, 8501 Two Notch Road
• July 28, 2012 - Family Dollar, 1735 Decker Boulevard
In at least two of the crimes, he's used the same basic strategy: pretend to make an order or a purchase, then reach across the counter to steal the register.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC, or e-mail a tip in to Crimestoppers of the Midlands. You can also text information in by texting "TIPSC" plus your message to CRIMES (274637). Either way you choose, your identity will remain anonymous, and you could be eligible for a cash reward.