BLYTHEWOOD, SC (WLTX) - The Town of Blythewood is asking people who received free eclipse glasses through the Blythewood Chamber of Commerce - at any of the distribution locations - in the last two weeks to return the glasses in exchange for a new, safety-approved pair.
The Town says the glasses distributed over the last two weeks were not manufactured by one of the five NASA-certified. Because of that, they are voluntarily recalling all pairs of solar eclipse glasses given out through the Chamber. YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE GLASSES OR GIVE THEM AWAY TO OTHERS.
Instead, you should return the glasses to any of the distribution locations to be discarded and get a new pair of approved glasses. Officials say replacements have been ordered and should be available at all distribution locations before eclipse weekend.
- Town of Blythewood - 171 Langford Road, Blythewood
- Blythewood Chamber of Commerce - 428 McNulty Road, Blythewood
- Eye Concepts, LLC - 331 Killian Road, Suite B-2, Columbia
- Eye Love Cares Clinic - 2240 W. DeKalb Street, Camden
- Palmetto Citizens Bank - 312 Blythewood Road, Blythewood
- The Shissias Law Firm, LLC - 1422 Laurel Street, Columbia
- Doko Smoke - 408 Main Street, Blythewood
- Mid-Carolina Credit Union - 10350 Wilson Boulevard, Blythewood
- Fowler Realty Team - 1040 Wildwood Centre Drive, Suite B, Columbia
- Enclave Blythewood - 2052 Blythewood Crossing Lane, Blythewood
- Kroger - 1028 Roberts Branch Parkway, Columbia
- Blythewood Feed & Hardware - 412 McNulty Street, Blythewood
- The Law Office of Shannon K. Burnett - 109 North Main Street, Blythewood
- Chick-fil-A Killian Crossing - Killian Road, Columbia
- Voluntary Benefits at Work
RELATED: Midlands Eclipse Viewing Event Guide
© 2017 WLTX-TV