Columbia, SC (WLTX)- There's a new state of the art clinic with free dental and eye services for underserved and uninsured people.
On the dental side, WellPartners Dental and Eye Health offers oral full mouth examinations, cleanings, fillings and even tooth extractions. For the eyes, they can do vision exams, prescriptions, glaucoma screening and also have eyeglasses.
It's an expansion of the clinic in the Richland County Health Department that has been offering free care for more than 50 years.
"The programs have been here, but we just had to share the space, so now that we will have the children's clinic upstairs and the adult clinic downstairs so we can treat more patients," said clinic director Dr. Tamara Stockton.
Eligibility for the Adult Dental and Eye care includes:
- A valid Fairfield, Lexington, Richland or Sumter County ID
- No dental insurance
- 200% of federal poverty level - for example, a family of 4 with a household income of $48,600 or less
Eligibility for the Children's Dental:
- Ages 5-18
- Enrolled in public school
- Enrolled in free or reduced lunch program
- Not eligible for Medicaid or any other type of insurance
- Are referred by a school nurse
The Richland County clinic was only open part time but now it's open Monday through Friday.
Richland County clinic information:
- Address: 2000 Hampton Street, Suite 3145 Columbia, SC 29204
- Phone: 803-888-1690 (for children's clinic call: 803-888-1590)
- Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Friday 8:30 a.m.- noon
- Phone: 803-888-1692
- Hours: by appointment
They is also a dental Lexington location:
- Address: Red Bank Crossing, 1070 S. Lake Drive, Suite B Lexington, SC 29073
- Phone: 803-785-6653 (for children's clinic call: 803-785-6651)
- Hours: Monday 8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m., Tuesday 12:30 p.m.- 4 p.m., Thursday 12:30 p.m.- 5 p.m.
Click here to visit their website.