Coroner: Woman Likely Didn't Die from House Fire

Richland County, SC (WLTX) - The Richland County Coroner says a woman found dead inside a burned home likely died from natural causes, and not the fire.

The body of 62-year-old Carolyn M. Baker was found in her home Wednesday night on Epsilon Court, which is off Percival Road. The fire had been reported to 9-1-1 by a neighbor.

The Richland County Fire Marshal's Office concluded the fire started in the occupant's bedroom of as a result of cigarette smoking.

Richland County Coroner Gary Watts says further testing will be done to completely rule out anything but natural causes.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment