Sumter Man Burned After Smoking While Using Oxygen

Sumter county man is being treated at the Augusta Burn center tonight after he was smoking while on oxygen and the tank exploded

Sumter, SC (WLTX) - A Sumter man suffered serious injuries after he was burned while trying to smoke a cigarette while using oxygen.

Sumter Fire Department officials say the 61-year-old man suffered second-degree burns on his face and chest Wednesday.

He was flown to the Augusta Burn Center for treatment. There's no word on his condition. 

 

© 2017 WLTX-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment