Fire crews on the scene of a blaze on Olympia Avenue on December 3, 2012.
Columbia, SC (WLTX) - Columbia firefighters say a fire Monday morning at an apartment has left several people without a home.
The blaze began just before 8:30 a.m. at an apartment in the 1100 block of Olympia Avenue.
Firefighters say the blaze displaced seven people who were living in the buildng. No one was injured.
Fire crews later said an overloaded surge protector led to the fire.
Because of the fire, Olympia from Whaley Street to Delaware Street is closed was closed for over three hours.