Columbia, SC (WLTX) - News19 Chief Meteorologist Jim Gandy will be one of two keynote speakers at the upcoming "SC Green is Good Business Conference."
The event will be held September 10th at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center.
Gandy will speak on "The Business of Climate Change."
In addition to his nightly weathercasts, Gandy is known for his regular "Climate Matters" segments, which highlight the growing problems caused by climate change. It's part of an ongoing project with George Mason University and Climate Central.
Dr. Andrew Spicer, an associate professor at the Darla Moore School of business, will also speak at the event.
The conference is designed to show how businesses can become more sustainable and save money at the time. Some of the sessions include the following:
• Greening the Fleet
• Eco-preneurship: Making Money and Making a Difference
• Recycling: Good for the Environment, Great for the Economy
• How Ozone Could Choke Business Growth
• Updates from SC Department of Health and Environmental Control and the Environmental Protection Agency
• Thinking Outside of the Bin: Recycling Non-Traditional Materials