(WILLIAM WEST/AFP/Getty Images)
Columbia, SC (WLTX) - If you're a contractor looking to make inroads in Columbia, there's a training session next month you may want to take part in.
The City of Columbia and Turner Construction School of Management are teaming up for training classes.
The following points will be discussed:
• Identify challenges of being a contractor
• Understand fundamentals of estimating
• Learn effective methods for locating, obtaining, managing, and scheduling work
• Understand key concepts of contract management
• Locate resources within the construction industry
The classes will begin February 20th, 2013 and end May 1st, 2013. The training classes will be held at the Earlewood Community Center every Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
The cost is free and the registration deadline is Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 5 p.m. Registration forms can be found online at www.columbiasc.net or at the Office of Business Opportunities, located at 1225 Lady St.