Columbia, SC (WLTX)- The Drew Wellness center held a healthy cooking class with Earthfare on Thursday evening. Here is the recipe for Grilled Zucchini Roll Ups:
- 3 small zucchini (about 1/2 pound each), cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 1/16 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces bagged baby spinach
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
Grill zucchini until tender, about 4 minutes per side.
In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, parsley tomatoes and lemon juice, mashing together with a fork
Put 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese mixture about 1/2 inch from the end of zucchini slice. Top with a few spinach leaves and a small basil leaf. Roll up and place seam side down on platter.