Our garden-fresh Summer Vegetable Salsa is the perfect topper for grilled chicken or fish, or as a zesty homemade appetizer for corn chips.
Columbia, SC (WLTX) The Pampered Chefs have three easy "cool" recipes to enjoy in this hot weather.
Bacon Lettuce & Tomato Dip
1 pkg cream cheese,1/2 cup ranch salad dressing, 1 medium tomato, 6 cooked bacon slices (crispy and chopped), 1/2 cup finely chopped celery, 2 tbsp finely chopped onion, 1 tsp sugar, lettuce leaves
1. Place cream chesse in classic batter bowl. gradually stir in dressing: mix well.
2. Remove seeds from tomato; dice tomato using utility knife. reserve 1 tbsp for garnish. using food chopper, chop bacon, celery, and onion. add tomato, bacon, celery, onion, and sugar to cream cheese mixture: mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours to allow flavors to blend.
3. To serve, line bowl with lettuce leaves, fill with dip and garnish with left over tomatos.
Apple Berry Salsa
2 med granny smith apples, 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced 1 kiwi, peeled and chopped, 1 small orange, 2 tsp packed brown sugar 2 tbsp apple jelly
1. For salsa, peel, core, and slice apples using apple peeler/corer/slicer. cut apples into squares, chop with food chopper. slice strawberries using egg slicer,. chop kiwi with food chopper. place fruit in small batter bow.
2. Zest orange using zester/scorer. juice orange using juicer. add orange zest, juice, brown sugar, and aple jelly to fruit mixture, mix gently.
Double Chocolate Mousse Cups
Ingredients: Waffle Cups, 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, 1 pkg (4 oz) prepared waffle bowls (10 bowls) Mousse & Garnish 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels, 1 cup cold milk, 1 pkg (3.3 oz) white chocolate or vanilla instant pudding and pie filling, 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed 3 tbsp sliced almonds, toasted 1 container (6 oz) fresh raspberries
1. For waffle cups, place semi-sweet morsels in (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 60-90 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring every 15 seconds. Dip Chef's Silicone Basting Brush into chocolate. Swirl basting brush around inside walls of waffle bowls, replenishing brush with chocolate as necessary.
2. For mousse, place white chocolate morsels into another Prep Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 60-90 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring every 15 seconds. Combine milk and pudding mix in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk using Stainless Whisk until thickened. Add melted white chocolate; whisk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R).
3. Coarsely chop almonds using Food Chopper. To assemble cups, spoon mousse into gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Trim corner of bag with Utility Knife; using a circular motion, pipe mousse evenly into cups. Sprinkle mousse with almonds and top with raspberries.
Plain ice cream cones can be substituted for the waffle bowls, if desired.
If desired, 1 pkg (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix can be substituted for the white chocolate pudding.