Forest Acres, SC (WLTX) - The Richland County Fire Marshall's office says an electrical failure caused Wednesday's blaze at a Forest Acres office building.
Investigators say a faulty multi-plug power strip sparked the fire at the Landmark II building in the 3700 block of Forest Drive.
The fire began around 6:30 p.m. on the first floor, causing damage to the first level and to the second. People were inside at the time, but they evacuated without serious injury.
The fire temporarily displaced some people working in the building, including the offices of Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands.