West Columbia, SC (WLTX)- Pets Inc. is giving notice to the world that rescue services will stop if they do not receive some financial support.
Pets Inc. Co-Founder Jane Brundage says for 21-years they have gotten through some rough times but their debt is growing and the money they need to stay open isn't coming in.
"It will be a heartbreaking thing for all of us," said Brunage. "We would have to sell the property and find homes for the dogs and cats we have because I will not allow them to be put down."
Brundage says the no kill animal shelter could be forced to close its doors in the next 5 or 6 weeks.
"The adoptions only cover a fraction of the costs and of course we have to pay the staff and insurance."
According to Brundage, only 17% of the money comes from grants and donations. The other 83% needs to come from product sales, which is why Brundage says they are barely staying afloat.
"Maybe there is hope, maybe. I would like to think so," said Brundage.
If you would like to donate to Pets Inc. Click Here