Lexington, SC (WLTX) -- Students River Bluff High School in Lexington district One protested before class Friday morning.
The students are upset that the district recently changed their grading policy after complaints that test were being weighed too heavily and that homework and quizzes weren't being calculated enough in the final grade.
Two days ago The district told parents they were making adjustments to weigh tests and final reports as 85 percent of a grade and "practice" assignments like homework the other 15 percent.
Many of the students at river bluff say they want things to remain the same as it was at the start of the year.
Lexington One spokesperson Mary Beth Hill told News19 in an email, "The students did stage about a four-minute long protest this morning to express their dissatisfaction with recent changes in the district's grading practices. Administrators and teachers were present. The protest was calm, quiet and completely orderly."