The Best Carrot Cake Ever...we couldn't say it if it weren't true! Mr. Food
What You'll Need:
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup flaked coconut
3 cups grated carrots (about 1 pound)
1 cup chopped walnuts
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 sticks butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray; lightly flour the pans.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, combine granulated sugar, oil, eggs, baking soda, flour, cinnamon, salt, coconut, carrots, and walnuts, beating 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until a smooth, thick batter forms. DO NOT OVER-MIX! Pour batter evenly into prepared cake pans.
3. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and the tops are golden. Let cool completely.
4. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, make frosting by combining cream cheese and butter; mix well. Add vanilla; mix well. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, continuing to mix until well combined.
5. Place one cake layer on a serving platter and frost top of cake. Place second layer on top of frosted layer. Frost top and sides of entire cake. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.