Cranberry Hot Cross Buns make for a sweet Easter tradition! Mr. Food
What You'll Need:
18 frozen dinner roll dough balls, thawed but still cold (see Notes)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
What To Do:
1. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Using your fingers, press each dough ball into a flat circle, about 2 inches wide. Place a heaping teaspoon of cranberries in center of dough circle; bring edges together and pinch tightly to close. Shape into a round roll and place on baking sheet; repeat with remaining dough. Cover rolls with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place about 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove wrap from rolls.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden; let cool.
5. In a medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients until smooth. Spoon into a small resealable plastic bag. Cut a small corner off bag and make a cross with glaze on each bun. Let glaze harden then serve, or cover loosely until ready to serve.
If you can't find this dough in your supermarket freezer case, you can use 2 (1-pound) packages frozen bread dough; just thaw and cut each into 9 pieces.