Tex-Mex Chicken Enchiladas - no need to head to the border when you can bring it home to you! Mr. Food
What You'll Need:
2 (10-ounce) cans enchilada sauce
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
4 cups shredded cooked chicken
3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce, finely chopped
8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine enchilada sauce, cocoa powder, chili powder, and garlic powder; mix well.
3. In a large bowl, combine chicken, 2 cups cheese, chipotle pepper, and 1 cup enchilada sauce mixture. Spoon chicken mixture down center of tortillas, distributing evenly; roll up.
4. Pour 3/4 cup enchilada sauce mixture in bottom of prepared baking dish. Arrange enchiladas over sauce, seam-side down. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
5. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake 5 minutes more, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Serve with your favorite toppings and go-alongs!