Crispy Cheesecake Squares
Makes: 18 squares
Cooking Time: 15 min
1 (8- to 9-inch) frozen cheesecake, slightly thawed
2 cups frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
2 1/2 cups oven-toasted corn cereal, coarsely crushed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Cut cheesecake into 1-1/2-inch squares, place on platter, cover, and return to freezer.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine strawberries, blueberries, and 1/4 cup sugar. Cook over medium-high heat 15 minutes, or until fruit breaks down and sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally. Let cool and refrigerate until chilled.
3. Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, combine cereal, remaining sugar, cinnamon, and butter; mix well.
4. In a small bowl, combine corn syrup and vanilla. Drizzle a teaspoon of corn syrup mixture over each cheesecake square one at a time, then place in cereal mixture dish. Sprinkle cereal mixture over cheesecake square until all sides are coated evenly. Place on platter. Repeat with remaining squares.
5. Cover and freeze until ready to serve or serve immediately with berry sauce drizzled over the top of each piece.
Being cheesecake lovers as we are, we've got lots of good cheesecake recipes to share on our website. Here's a favorite we highly recommend: Blueberry Cheesecake Minis.