Fall Harvest Cobbler
Cooking Time: 35 min
What You'll Need:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups cold water, divided
3 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
3 pears, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
1/2 cup milk
What To Do:
1. In a soup pot, combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1-3/4 cups water; bring to a boil.
2. Stir in apples, pears, cranberries, and lemon juice; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
3. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water. Slowly pour into fruit mixture and cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Transfer fruit mixture to baking dish.
5. In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk just until blended. Drop by spoonfuls onto hot fruit mixture.
6. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until biscuits are cooked through.
Since 6 cups of fruit are needed, if you fall short on apples just add more pears, or vice versa!
We just can't get enough of fruity fall desserts, so if you feel the same way, you may just want to whip up one of our Apple Coffee Cakes!