Columbia, SC (WLTX) -- With Thanksgiving just a few days away, visions of succulent turkeys are dancing in our heads.
Many have found that frying the bird creates the most decadent combination of moist meat and crispy skin.
But because of the open flame and hot oil, turkey fryersare a serious fire hazard. This year State Farm has composed a list of Turkey Fryer Tips to help your family have a delicious and safe holiday feast:
- Avoid oil spillover - don't overfill the pot
- Turn off flame when lowering the turkey into oil
- Fry outside, away from the house
- Properly thaw the turkey before frying
- Keep a grease-fire-approved extinguisher close
Enjoyand don't forget the stuffing!