Braised Brisket with Horseradish Sauce
Cooking Time: 3 hr 20 min
What You'll Need:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 (4- to 4-1/2-pound) beef brisket (first cut, flat half), trimmed
2 onions, thinly sliced
2 3/4 cups beef broth, divided
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. Add brisket and brown evenly; remove brisket from pan and set aside.
3. Add onions to pan and cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings being careful to retain onions, then add brisket, 3/4 cup broth, and garlic; cover tightly.
4. Cook brisket in oven 3 to 3-1/2 hours, or until fork-tender. Remove brisket to a cutting board; keep warm. Drain oil from pan and discard.
5. Add remaining broth and horseradish to onions in pan and cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes, or until hot. Slice brisket diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
Our Potato Pudding Squares are a delicious accompaniment to tasty and tender brisket.