Summer Chicken Pot Pie
Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 min
What You'll Need:
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, divided
1/2red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 zucchini, cut into quarters, then cut into 1/2-inch chunks
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup chicken broth
3 cups shredded cooked rotisserie chicken
1 (15-ounce) package rolled refrigerated pie crusts
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add red pepper, onion, zucchini, mushrooms, sage, onion powder, salt, and pepper; cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until just tender, stirring occasionally. Remove vegetables to a bowl and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Slowly add milk, then broth, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat then add chicken and vegetables to gravy.
4. Unroll 1 pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Spoon chicken mixture into crust. Unroll second crust and place over chicken mixture. Pinch together and trim edges to seal, then flute. Using a sharp knife, cut four 1-inch slits in top.
5. Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until heated through and crust is golden. Allow to sit 5 minutes before serving.