LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Columbia, SC (WLTX) -- A family is without a home after their house on Cleveland Street burned Friday night, according tothe Columbia Fire Department.

Officials say the cause of the fire was "improper discarding of smoking materials."

It all started just after 6:00 p.m. Friday,when fire officialsresponded tocalls of a house fire. Two people were inside of the homewhen theblaze started.Nobody was injured.

Damages are estimated at around $65,000.The Red Cross is responding.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wltx.com/1on4tZJ