Secret Tempura Combo
Cooking Time:20 min
What You'll Need:
- 21/2cupspancake and biscuit baking mix
- 1 teaspooncayenne pepper
- 1/2teaspoongarlic powder
- 1 teaspoonsalt
- 11/4cupsclub soda
- 1 poundboneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2poundwhole fresh mushrooms
- 1zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 cupsvegetable oil for deep-frying
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Add club soda; mix well. Add remaining ingredients except oil; stir to coat completely.
- In a soup potover medium-high heat, heat oil just until hot. Place coated chicken and vegetables in hot oil one piece at a time.Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until coating is golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.Continue until all are cooked, discarding any remaining batter.
- Serve immediately, or keep warm on a baking sheet in a low oven.
- If the batter thickens, just add a little more club soda to get it to the proper consistency.
- We recommend you serve this with another favorite, ourAsian Cabbage Salad!