LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Columbia, SC (WLTX) - A fire in a trash chute caused a few minor problems at a Columbia high rise Friday.

The fire happened at the Finlay House, a senior living residence on Blossom Street in Columbia.

Columbia Fire Chief Aubrey Jenkins says some materials got stuck in the chute on the way down and somehow caught fire. The trash has since been removed.

No serious damage was reported.

Traffic near the area had to be shut down briefly while emergency crews responded.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wltx.com/1fu1fvO