LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Columbia, SC (WLTX) -- Columbia fire officials say an unattended candle started a Monday morning house fire off Parklane Road in Columbia.

According to Columbia Fire spokesperson Brick Lewis, the 7611 Park View Drive home had flames and smoke coming from the front of the structure when firefighters arrived at the address shortly before noon Monday.

Fire units were able to get the fire under control, and no injuries were reported.

Damages are estimated at $35,000.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wltx.com/1ggRHoe