West Columbia, SC (WLTX) -- A broken water line in the city of West Columbia has affected a number of residents.
For all water customers in the following areas, both residential and commercial, you must boil your water for a minimum of one full minute prior to drinking or cooking:
• Both sides of North Lake Drive (U.S. Hwy 6) from Whiteford Subdivision to Andrew Corley Road (excluding Whiteford Subdivision)
• All addresses on Andrew Corley Road to Midway Road.
• All addresses on Midway Road to Hope Ferry Road (including residents in Kenwood Subdivision).
• All addresses on Old Two Notch Road to Kitty Wake Drive.
• All addresses on Kitty Wake Drive to Laurel Road.
• All addresses on Laurel Road to Orchard Hills Drive.
• All addresses on Orchard Hills Drive.
• All water customers encompassed between the above four roads.
Remember, if you live in any of the areas noted above, you must bring your water to a full rolling boil for at least one full minute before you drink, or cook with that water. Additionally, any ice made from non-boiled water should be immediately disposed of, as contaminates could possibly be present in that ice.
When the water service is restored, all customers should continue to observe the boil water advisory until further notice.