West Columbia, SC (WLTX) -- The widespread boil water advisory issued Monday and Tuesday due to a broken water main has been lifted.
The City of West Columbia issued notice this morning that residents in the affected areas no longer need to boil their water prior to consumption.
The first BWA was issued Monday, and expanded Tuesday to include more areas.
The City of West Columbia reports that following extensive testing of the water system, residents in all but one area do not have to boil water any longer.
Those in the Midway Farms Subdivision located on Oliver Metts Rd. should still observe the boil water advisory.
The following areas do not need to boil water any longer:
• Both sides of North Lake Drive (U.S. Hwy 6) from the Whiteford Subdivision entrance to Andrew Corley Road.
• All addresses on Andrew Corley Road to Midway Road.
• All addresses on Midway Road to Hope Ferry Road (including residents in Kenwood Subdivision).
• All addresses on Old Two Notch Road to Kitty Wake Drive.
• All addresses on Kitty Wake Drive to Laurel Road.
• All addresses on Laurel Road to Orchard Hills Drive.
• All addresses on Orchard Hills Drive.
• All water customers encompassed between the above four roads.