Saluda County, SC (WLTX) - Saluda County deputies are investigating five burglaries at area churches.
According to officers, the crimes have all taken place within the last two weeks. Below is a brief description of the incidents.
- August 10 - Damage was reported at Stillwaters Baptist Church as suspects entered the sanctuary, but no items were taken.
- August 13 - In a similar case, damage was done as the suspects entered Sardis Baptist Church, but no items were taken
- August 14 - Deputies say suspects broke into Good Hope Lutheran Church. Apparently, though, the crime was stopped, because the suspects left burglary tools without taking any items.
- August 16 - Suspects kicked in the doors to Gassaway Church
- August 17 - Suspects entered Hollywood Baptist Church and took two electronic mixing boards.
Investigators believe the incidents may be connected, and say similar crimes have been reported in Edgefield County. Police say it appears the suspects are looking for electronic equipment that could be used by DJs or for other entertainment purposes.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC, or e-mail a tip in to www.midlandscrimestoppers.com. You can also text information in by texting "TIPSC" plus your message to CRIMES (274637). Either way you choose, your identity will remain anonymous, and you could be eligible for a cash reward.