Kershaw County (WLTX) -- The Kershaw County School Board is considering several construction projects that would be part of a possible November bond referendum. The district will hold two public meetings to discuss the plans.
The first meeting will be May 6 at 6 p.m. at North Central Middle School. The second will take place as place May 20 at 6 p.m. at Lugoff Elementary School. Both will be held as part of the district's school board meetings.
Projects under consideration include:
Camden High School:
· Renovation and athletic facilities upgrades, including complete stadium facilities on Ehrenclou site ($7,822,000). Under this scenario, Zemp Stadium would ultimately be closed.
Camden Elementary School:
· Replacement on former Camden Middle School site, including demolition of current building ($18,153,000).
North Central Area:
North Central High School:
· Renovation and athletic facilities upgrades ($6,170,000).
North Central Middle School:
· Addition with science labs and special needs classrooms ($1,920,000).
· Combined North Central Elementary School (capacity 500) to replace Bethune, Mt. Pisgah, and Baron DeKalb on donated site next to North Central Middle School, including demolition of three old schools ($14,459,035).
West Wateree Area:
Stover Middle School:
· Renovation/addition ($2,430,000).
Lugoff-Elgin High School:
· Renovation/addition/athletic upgrades ($12,091,000).
Wateree Elementary School:
· Replacement (including demolition) ($18,000,000).
Lugoff Elementary School:
· Replacement, including demolition and 25 acres of land ($18,731,000). Could be reduced if built on current site.
Rebuild as part of Joint Economic Development Campus.