138 17 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Columbia, SC (WLTX) -- Columbia firefighters say a child playing with a cigarette caused a fire at an apartment complex.

Firefighters responded to a blaze at Pine Haven Villas at 1400 Trinity Drive Sunday just after 9 p.m.

The fire caused an estimated $90,000 in damage.

The American Red Cross is assisting 17 people who were displaced from the fire.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wltx.com/story/news/local/2014/05/18/columbia-fire-responds-to-pine-haven-villas/9264411/