296 6 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Columbia, SC (WLTX) - A house fire on Coatsdale road Friday afternoon is being blamed on a man making methamphetamine.

According to Columbia police spokesperson Jennifer Timmons, around 6:30PM both the Columbia fire department and the Columbia police department were responding to a house fire at 1033 Coatsdale Road off Veterans Drive.

When officers arrived on the scene, they saw a man in the doorway of the home and went inside to pull him to safety. The man was transported by EMS for serious burns.

Preliminary information indicates that the man was making methamphetamine in a pot inside the residence.

The responding officers were transported to a local hospital due to a possibility of possible meth contamination exposure as a precaution.

South Carolina Law Enforcement (SLED) and a 'clean up' crew also responded to the scene. The investigation is still ongoing and charges are pending.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wltx.com/V9ewqn