Lexington, SC (WLTX) -- Can you be sure your child safety seat is secured properly and hasn't been recalled by the manufacturer?
Lexington County residents can set an appointment for a free Child Safety Seat Inspection with Sheriff's Deputies certified in Child Passenger SafetySeat Inspections.
Lexington County's Sheriff, James R. Metts, says the Inspections require anywhere from 30 minutes up to one hour, but the benefit of that small amount of your time can literally be life-saving.
Inspectors will check the installation of the Child Seat, in proper working order, and check manufacturer listings to make sure yours wasn't recalled for any reason.
They also will demonstrate for parents how to properly secure their children in safety seats, and explain the way to properly locate the seat based upon the vehicle type.
Deputies certified in Child Safety Seat Inspections are assigned to specific areas, so you should contact the Deputies covering your part of Lexington County to set your Inspection appointment.
Appointments Are Required
Northern Lexington County
- Sgt. Tony Ayers:803-231-8568
- Irmo Resident Deputy Dan Rusinyak:803-518-7795
- Three Fountains Resident Deputy Stacey Gadson:803-785-0801
- Chapin Resident Deputy Donall Stoudemire:803-518-3108
Southern Lexington County
- Gaston Resident Deputy Shannon Lovell:803-785-0858
- Pelion Resident Deputy Melissa Kelly:803-785-0294
- Swansea/Horseneck Resident Deputy Robert Snuffer:803-518-7994
Western Lexington County
- Lexington Resident Deputy Joseph Andaloro:803-785-9896
- Gilbert/Hollow Creek/SUmmit Resident Deputy Joe Auckerman: email@example.com
- Batesburg-Leesville Resident Deputy Jacob Hallman: 803-518-3126
- Red Bank Resident Deputy Darren Wiseman:803-785-1459